Welcome to The Heated Sock & Footwear Guide
As the Leading Heated Apparel Store In The World, we can provide some great, in depth knowledge of heated socks, insoles and slippers.
Just like our Heated Glove Guide we will give you the basics of heated footwear and then provide some great ideas when buying the perfect heated footwear.
Heated footwear is broken down into 2 categories: Heated Socks and Heated Insoles. Each of these options come in battery powered and 12V motorcycle options.
Heated Sock Guide
We sell heated socks and insoles from $24.99-$499.99 so there is definitely a large variation of quality in the category. When we say “heated socks” or “heated insoles” we literally mean they have heating elements built into the bottom of the foot that circulate heat throughout the foot.
In the Heated Apparel world, you get what you pay for! If you want long-lasting, well made heated footwear, you will need to spend the dough! That said, there are plenty of options that won’t break the bank.
Battery Powered Socks: Under $100
- Alpha Heat “AA” Heated Socks – By far our most popular sock! They are comfortable, stylish and easy to wear. AlphaHeat battery heated apparel utilizes innovative technology designed to warm the core body temperature. These revolutionary garments feature built-in heating panels and are made with Alpha-Flex material that provides lightweight warmth, comfort and versatility. The heating element is on the ball of the foot by the toes.
- Nordic Gear Lectra Sox – Lectra Sox are a great lower end option for the beginner in the heated sock world. They are a wool mix and come in multiple options, including a wader option. Lectra socks use “D” batteries
- Terramar Battery Heated Socks – Terramar socks are another lower end heated sock option. When we say, lower end we mean, the heating elements are going to be smaller compared to say, the Gerbing $200 Socks. These socks use a single “D” battery on each sock.
Rechargeable Battery Powered Socks: Over $100
- Alpha Heat Rechargeable Heated Socks – Our most popular rechargeable sock we sell. Like the Alpha Heat “AA” Socks, they are super comfy, easy to wear, and stylish. The difference with these socks is they come with 3.4V batteries that are rechargeable for easy use. These revolutionary garments feature built-in heating panels and are made with Alpha-Flex material that provides lightweight warmth, comfort and versatility. The heating element is on the ball of the foot by the toes.
- Gerbing Heated Sock Liners – This is our other “go-to” recommendation when it comes to heated socks. With a full foot heating pad, they are super warm and great from everything from hunting, skiing, and all outdoor activities. The Gerbing socks use a 7.4V battery and will last between 2-6 hours depending on conditions and power setting.
- Volt Heated Socks – Volt makes some of the best heated products on the market. Their sock is very unique with it’s spandex feel and comfortable large heating sole. They get very warm and last up to 6 hours on one charge. We highly recommend these socks for the casual sportsman, hunter, or anyone with cold feet.
- Lenz Elite Heated Socks – Looking for the best sock on the market? Lenz is the innovator of high-end heated socks. With full foot heat and long lasting batteries, they are definitely becoming one of our favorite new socks. They are not cheap, averaging over $250+ but they are well worth it!
- Thunderbolt Heated Socks – A cool new brand with an innovative design. They are “Made in America” and you can tell they are hand stitched to perfection. Thunderbolt also makes the only plug-in sock that is great for cold feet while laying around the house.
Heated Insole Guide
Heated Insoles: $99.99-$199.99
Heated insoles are a great way to keep the feet warm. We carry “everyday” insoles and special “ski” or “professional outdoor” insoles.
- Thermacell Heated Insoles – One of the most popular insoles we sell is definitely a great blend of high quality and great price. The Thermacell Insoles come in 5 sizes to ensure a great fit and even come with a remote control with two different heat settings. They are perfect for everyday use and are customizable to fit your shoe perfectly.
- ThermoSoles Wirefree Rechargeable Heated Insoles – ThermoSoles Insoles are one of the more affordable rechargeable insoles we carry. They are easily recharged through a regular wall outlet and last up 8 hours on one charge! Enjoy the benefits of a shock-absorbing and ergonomically shaped Polyurethane bottom to achieve complete comfort and warmth in the cold weather! Each heated insole includes a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery with and on and off switch.
- Glovii Heated Insole – Glovii is one of our favorite new brands with their awesome heated glove liners, they now have well designed heated insoles. Comes with a simple 4kKey remote control. The heating pad is made by use latest carbon fiber composite material, strong & flexible. This kind of material will not only warm the insoles, but also has health care & promoting blood circulation function by radiating far-infrared. The heating system is powered by high capacity li-polymer battery, safe & working long time. All these: high quality material & our careful work make it a comfortable, warm, easy-to-use, long-life heated insoles.
- ThermaCell ProFlex Heated Insoles – The ProFlex Insole brings the best elements of the ThermaCell brand with its unique removable and rechargeable batteries. They are truly one of the best new insoles on the market. Powered by lightweight, removable, rechargeable lithium ion batteries embedded in the insoles, these insoles slip easily into your boots or shoes. An internal thermostat in the insole regulates temperature for better comfort and battery life. Controlled by an easy-to-use remote control, the insoles offer three temperature settings: High (111°F), Medium (100°F), and Off (no heat).
High-End Heated Insoles: $199.99-$499.99
There are two major brands in the high-end heated insole world: Therm-Ic and Hotronic.
Therm-Ic and Hotronic specialize in the most innovative technologies of heated insoles. They are built for skiers, outdoorsman, hunters, etc.
Therm-ic boot heaters will keep your feet warm all day long. They’re the inventors of heating systems for ski boots and now become the specialist for keeping winter sports enthusiasts warm from head to toe. Therm-ic boot heaters keep your warm and comfortable so you can concentrate 100% on the task at hand.
Thinking about how cold your feet are is a thing of the past. Whether you are skiing, snowboarding or hiking in winter: warm feet perform better. Therm-ic Boot Heaters can be installed in virtually every type of shoe, boot, ski boot or snowboard boot very simply. Therm-ic Boot Heaters have 4 different ThermicSoles and 7 different types of Therm-ic battery packs. If your boots have prewired boot heaters you can purchase just the Therm-ic Powerpack batteries. Step 1: Determine the type of system you require
- Therm-ic Powerpack/Smartpack ONLY: Some Ski and Snowboard boots are prewired for a Therm-ic Boot heater system. If your boots are preinstalled with a Therm-ic Heating System all you need is a Powerpack or Smartpack battery system. You can also view this section if you wish to upgrade your current Therm-ic setup.
- ThermicSole Trimfit System with Powerpack/Smartpack: If you have custom molded insoles or a set of insoles that you prefer to keep, The Trimfit System with will install right on to your existing insoles. Combine the Trimfit insole system with any of their available battery systems for all day warmth and custom comfort.
- ThermicSole Classic insoles with Powerpack/Smartpack: This is Therm-ic’s most popular system. The ThermicSole Classic is flat and can easily be cut to any shoe size with a pair of household scissors. Choose this system if you are looking for a prewired insole that’s extremely easy to install.
- ThermicSole Perform with Powerpack/Smartpack: The sole does not just keep you warm. Its anatomic 3D shape with stabilization line also improves your balance and power distribution. Moreover, the high-quality insole material ensures the perfect temperature for your feet. This system comes in different sizes so no cutting is necessary and the heating elements are prewired in the Toe area of the insole. Combine the ThermicSole Perform system with any of their available battery systems for all day warmth and superior support.
Here is everything you need to know about Hotronic:
Well, Hotronic is a bit easier to understand because of the well we sell them. There are only a few options and we sell them in kits to ensure you get everything you need to keep your feet warm.
Basically Hotronic comes in CUSTOM, UNIVERSAL, ANATOMIC and has two battery types: S3 and S4. The difference between the S3 and S4 is the battery length.